Embracing Every Body: Weight-Inclusivity and Eating Competence in Your Practice
A webinar for professionals by Cristen L Harris, PhD, RDN, CEDS, CSSD, ACSM-CEP, FAND
Join us for this interactive webinar in which we will use a socio-ecological lens to explore where and how anti-fat bias and stigma “show up” to negatively impact health and well-being. Armed with evidence-based rationale for a weight-inclusive practice, you’ll build tools for weight-inclusive communication that align with the Satter Eating Competence model. By the end of this webinar, you will be able to identify practical strategies to create a more weight-inclusive environment in your practice setting.
Pending approval for 1.5 CEUs from the Commission on Dietetic Registration
January 29, 2024 1:00 – 2:30 pm CT
Equity Rate:$15.00 If you consider yourself to be a part of a marginalized community, please email [email protected] for a coupon code.
Student Rate:$15.00 Please email support@ellynsatterinstitute for a coupon code and indicate the institution and program where you are currently enrolled.
**You will enter the discount code during the checkout process**
By the end of this interactive presentation, learners will be able to:
- Utilize terminology for body size that does not stigmatize or pathologize bodies.
- Describe various ways in which anti-fat bias and stigma can negatively impact health, self-esteem, access to healthcare, and overall well-being.
- Describe the benefits and rationale of weight-inclusive care using the eating competence model.
- Build tools for weight-inclusive, eating competence-aligned communication that is respectful and supportive.
- Identify practical strategies to create a more weight-inclusive environment within your specific professional setting.