Eat and feed with joyThe Ellyn Satter Institute blog
Eat and feed with joy
Explore how to eat, how to feed, how to address picky eating, overweight, underweight and special needs. Get tips on coping with interference from well meaning family, doctors, and teachers. Learn how to reconcile what you want to eat with what you are supposed to eat!
Subscribe to news from ESI. Click here.
Eating Competence One of the important concepts that Ellyn Satter has developed and researched is that of eating competence. “Eating Competence is being positive, comfortable and flexible with eating as well as matter-of-fact and reliable about getting...
More about feeding
- Follow Satter’s Division of Responsibility in Feeding
- Avoid pressure
- Avoid restriction
- Evitando la Presión
- Children know how much they need to eat
- Family-friendly feeding tips
- How children become competent eaters
- How children learn to eat new food
- Sit-down snacks
- Using “forbidden” food