ESI faculty members, with consultation by Ellyn Satter, do Skype coaching with professionals relative to applying the Feeding Dynamics (fdSatter) and Eating Competence (ecSatter) models to feeding and eating problems. Consider getting personalized guidance:
- Applying fdSatter in the preschool or school setting.
- Learning the feeding dynamics method for working with childhood feeding problems such as pickiness, allergies, and special needs.
- Learning the eating competence method for working with adult eating problems.
- Applying ecSatter and fdSatter to clinical issues, such as diabetes, heart disease, child and adult obesity, cystic fibrosis.
- Checking your curriculum with the evaluation rubric for ecSatter and sDOR to be sure your recommendations are consistent with ecSatter and fdSatter.
- Applying ecSatter and fdSatter in particular target groups, such as pregnancy, sports nutrition, geriatrics.
- Accomodating policy mandates while practicing ecSatter and fdSatter.
How mentoring works
- Contact us: Complete this form to ask for help.
- Appointments: All telephone and Skype contacts with your mentor are by appointment. If you wish, your mentor will spend 15 minutes initially talking with you at no charge to get acquainted and to determine whether this is a good fit for you. The standard charge for mentoring is $150 per 50-minute hour, payable when you schedule. We require a 24-hour cancellation notice in order to refund your payment.
- Payment: Payment is due before each session. Your mentor will tell you the payment procedure.
Be matched with a mentor
How to prepare for mentoring
Study one of Ellyn Satter’s books. Secrets of Feeding a Healthy Family addresses adult eating competence as well as does a brief treatment of feeding dynamics. Child of Mine addresses feeding in detail, birth through preschool. Your Child’s Weight addresses younger children more briefly and goes into detail for school-age children and adolescents. Although Your Child’s Weight concentrates on weight issues, it is generally applicable.