Ellyn Satter Institute Affiliate Certificate Program
Affiliate Certificate Program
Are you looking to further your professional mastery of the Satter Feeding Dynamics and Eating Competence models? Do you want to increase your expertise in applying the models to other areas of your clinical practice?
The ESI Affiliate Program is a certificate program designed for the professional who is well versed and has an in-depth understanding of the Satter models. Please see program requirements below.
This case study-based 10-session program focuses on practical application and implementation of the models in both children and adults in a variety of situations including, but not limited to, failure to thrive, picky eating, child overweight, disordered eating, diabetes, and food intolerance. In addition to case studies, a literature review and application tests are included. Completion of the certificate program will help you ensure consistent application of the models across the continuum of nutrition care.
Affiliate graduates contribute to ESI’s vision of establishing a trained network of eating and feeding professionals whose mastery of the Satter models helps ensure consistent application.
Space is limited to 8 applicants. Application deadline is November 16.
- Connect with an international network of professionals who have in-depth training and application of the Satter models
- Recognition on the ESI website
- Discount (25%) on ESI professional mentoring and (10%) on ESI webinars, books and pdfs.
- Upon successful completion, opportunity to apply to become an Associate of the Ellyn Satter Institute.
How to Apply to the Affiliate Program
Professionals can apply to the Affiliate program after thoroughly familiarizing themselves with the Satter feeding and eating competence models, regularly applying them in practice or in an educational setting and meeting the core requirements below. Professional development opportunities to prepare oneself for the program can include:
- Attending live or watching on-demand webinars available via Dietitian Central or ESI website
- Completing the Child of Mine and/or Your Child’s Weight self-study
- Attending Feeding with Love and Good Sense and/or Treating the Dieting Casualty VISION training
- Reading Ellyn Satter’s books
- Participating in ESI professional mentoring
- 2019 class applicants must have completed or commit to complete (in spring of 2019) one of the following with preference given to those applicants who have multiple components completed: VISION training (Feeding with Love and Good Sense OR Treating the Dieting Casualty) and/or self-study exam (Child of Mine OR Your Child’s Weight).
- 2020 prerequisite requirements: Successful applicants must have completed one VISION training (Feeding with Love and Good Sense OR Treating the Dieting Casualty) AND one self-study exam (Child of Mine OR Your Child’s Weight).
- 2021 prerequisite requirements: Successful applicants must have completed both VISION training (Feeding with Love and Good Sense AND Treating the Dieting Casualty) AND both self-study exams (Child of Mine AND Your Child’s Weight).
2. Submit the Application
The application is available to download from the ESI website through the shopping cart here. The application includes educational background, employment history, documentation of training in the Satter models, and 5 essay questions. Application deadline is November 1 each year.
3. Applicants accepted into the program will have until December 15 to accept and pay the program fee of $1,150 (Program fee of $1,200 less the application fee).
Affiliate Program Costs
Application fee: $50.00 (non-refundable)
Program fee: $1,200.00 (less $50.00 application fee)
27 Continuing Professional Education credit is available from the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) for successful completion of this program. The Ellyn Satter Institute is an accredited provider for CDR.
A certificate will be provided when the Affiliate has completed all components of the program including attendance, assignments and successful passing of tests.
November 16: Applications are due.
November 30: Applicants will be notified of acceptance.
December 15: Participant program acceptance and payment is due. Incoming Affiliates will receive instructions on how to connect ot the meetings, meeting time and curriculum outline.
January 7: Affiliate program beings
January through May: Affiliates meet twice per month for 90 minutes.