Family Meals Focus
The Ellyn Satter Institute Newsletter
Tour the ESI website!
Ellyn Satter, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Family Therapist
For a PDF of this article, Click here
It seems it was only yesterday that we were shamelessly boasting about our new website. In reality, it was four years ago, and now, here we are again. Again shameless. Again boasting.
Our mission, as before, is quality of life
We help children and adults be joyful and competent with eating. You have been a colleague in accomplishing that mission, and we hope you will continue to be a fellow traveler. Now more than ever, ESI can help you, and we depend on you to help us. You are the folks on the front lines, doing the eating and feeding, and supporting others who eat and feed. We provide you with what you need to do your work: We have experience, research, information, and resources, we share them with you, and we hope you will share yours with us.
Let’s take the tour
Follow the tabs across the top of the page! We have packed in a lot to give you a one-stop resource on the Satter Eating Competence Model (ecSatter) and Satter Feeding Dynamics Model (fdSatter). The ESI website is intended to connect all of us, inspire you with possibilities, and provide you with support for thinking, doing, and programming in ways that are consistent with ecSatter and fdSatter.
- Home page Follow one or all of the three paths at the bottom of the page to resources and links: for professionals, the general public, and organizations. Get on these resources and links pages and flail around! There is a lot there: sooner or later, you will run across what you need.
- Who we are More about ecSatter and fdSatter: what the models are, what they do, and where they came from. The ESI philosophy. The ESI board and faculty members.
- What we do Clicking on the tab itself will give you the overview of ESI functions. The dropdown shows you training and more training: ESI-sponsored VISION workshops. Workshops and keynotes your organization can sponsor. Individual coaching and mentoring. Self study. Webinars.
- How to feed The tab itself orients you to feeding your child with love and good sense. The dropdowns give you the same short articles as before (with pictures and video!) about feeding your children: ages and stages, feeding and growth, solving problems, and more.
- How to eat The tab itself gives you eating competence principles and philosophy. Dropdowns give you the short articles from the other website: feeding yourself: the joy of eating, resolving the weight dilemma, addressing your own picky eating, mastering meals, eating during pregnancy.
- Shop Products, VISION workshop registration, webinars, self-study, discounted materials, Ellyn Satter’s books and videos.
- Connect Become a member of ESI! Subscribe to the ESI mailing list. Join in with Facebook (for the public) and Clinical Facebook (for professionals).
- News: Check out our blog, Eat and feed with joy! Get access to the Family Meals Focus articles. Review the Family Meals Focus Index of Topics: Topical headings will help you find what you need, and the articles will deepen your understanding of the Satter models.