Continuing Education Examination for Child of Mine
25 Continuing Education Units (prior approval from Commission on Dietetic Registration) for open book test of Ellyn Satter’s Child of Mine: Feeding with Love and Good Sense.
American Nurses Credentialing Center - ANCC - recognizes continuing education hours approved/accredited by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
Satter's Division of Responsibility in Feeding (sDOR) seems simple. However, to use it in an ethical fashion, you have to understand it thoroughly. This test offers an absorbing and entertaining way for you to test your understanding of sDOR in particular and feeding dynamics in general. We at ESI keep track of people who have taken the examination, and consider them to be an important part of accomplishing our mission of helping children and adults be joyful and confident with feeding and eating.
Based on examination and reading of the 2000 edition of Child of Mine (sold separately), this program will help you to:
- Refine your ability to consider feeding dynamics when you assess children's nutritional status and growth.
- Evaluate your understanding of evidence-based feeding practice.
- Integrate the complexity of applying Ellyn Satter’s Division of Responsibility in Feeding with a clear understanding of child development.
- Decipher the story that growth charts tell about the child's overall health and well-being.
This test will be delivered to your email address in fillable PDF format. You may complete it using your computer or you may print it and fill it out by hand. Your test will be given individual attention in grading and you will receive comments and feedback to enhance your learning. Please allow three weeks to complete grading.
Recommended ADA Learning Codes:
- Nutrition Assessment and Diagnosis codes 3020 (assessment of target groups, populations) and 3050 (assessment of feeding, swallowing, dentition)
- Wellness and Public Health code 4150 (infancy and childhood)